Sunday 4 March 2012

About me

I am a young Christian who has just flown the nest. I studied economics and mathematics at a lovely university (where I first believed the gospel), and am currently working at a large investment bank in London whilst studying to become a management accountant.
My degree, career choice and current studies show that finance is clearly of interest to me. I believe that many Christians fall into the trap of assuming that money is by definition bad, and in trying to shun materialism they end up never engaging with their personal finances. However, I think that it is important to understand the practicalities of being a good steward of the money God has entrusted you with.
In this blog, I want to explore the tension between the need to earn money and look after yourself, and the snare of relying on it instead of on God for your security and salvation. I also hope to clarify for people some of the myth, conjecture and confusion about financial issues. Many Christian finance blogs are American, and the differences in culture, taxation, product availability and savings regulations left a gap for an English perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment